Friday, April 22, 2011

Update - Long Overdue

Hello, everyone.  I apologize for the amount of time between updates.  It's been a busy week, and a sad one for us.  A dear friend lost a close family member suddenly, and we've been dedicating our time, energy, love, and prayers to them all week.

Right to the update.  I have moved into the Phase III diet, and I am VERY excited about mashed potatoes and ground up meat.  Never thought I'd say THAT!

Here's what I can eat for the next two weeks:

Puree/Baby Food Consistency - Weeks 3 and 4

Continue with the fluids from the previous two weeks, and add the following:

Scrambled eggs, pureed tuna, poultry, fish, veal, beef, and mashed tofu (ICK)
Light/nonfat yogurt, non-fat cottage cheese, ricotta cheese, 1% milk
Any vegetable, cooked until soft and pureed
Unsweetened apple sauce, mashed bananas, pureed fruits sans peels
Oatmeal, cream of wheat, grits, mashed potatoes
Soups blended and strained, sugar free pudding, custard, or frozen yogurt

SO yummy!!!  I've lost two pounds since last week's weigh-in, bringing my grand total to 28 from my pre-op diet and 30 altogether.  YAY, ME!

I'd like to take this moment to wish you all a happy Easter, and to remember what was sacrificed for us when Jesus died on the cross and rose again.  Be good to one another!

Until next time, God bless and keep you all.
Love,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment