Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Five Days Post-Op

Hello, all.  It's five days post-op and I'm doing allright.  I'm still pretty tired, and being awake for more than 4 or 5 hours at a time is hard.  I nap during the day, so it helps that I can do that.

Abby has had to adjust to handling mommy with care, and that's been hard for her.  Even harder is that I have to refrain from picking her up, pulling her onto my lap, etc.  I find myself reaching for her and have to stop myself.  By the time I get used to it, I'll be able to pick her up again!

So I'm feeling pretty nauseous a lot of the time.  It's hard to live on liquids only but with a queasy stomach, it's not as hard as it could be.  I hate feeling this way and hope it passes soon.  I'm trying to drink more so that I don't become dehydrated, and hopefully after my appointment tomorrow I'll be able to add some more foods to my diet.  We will see what Dr. Dalall says tomorrow.

I have lost a total of 16.8 pounds and now weigh 313.4 pounds.  That's pretty exciting, but not really surprising, considering that I am only ingesting fluids.  Hopefully I continue to lose once I start eating real food in 3 weeks (!!) 

More tomorrow after my follow-up appointment.  Until then...

May God Bless and Keep you all,
Love,
Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment