Tuesday, April 5, 2011

OK - I've been remiss, I KNOW!

Hello, everyone...  I know, it's been a while.  I'm preparing for surgery in two days (GASP) and I have mixed feelings.  I am excited at the possibilities that surgery will afford me, and I am TERRIFIED of the actual surgery itself.  I am alternately crying and happy.  I just worry that something will happen during surgery and I won't be here for my Abby afterward.  It scares me a great deal.  Please, pray for me.  For courage, and for my doctor's success in surgery. 

Anyway, enough about that.  I also wanted to let you all know that my weight is now 322.4.  That is almost 8 pounds lost (7.8) in a bit under a week.  Tomorrow I am on fluids only, and cannot eat after midnight.  Following surgery, my diet looks like this:

Week 1

Diet Jell-O
Broth
Light juice
Diet drinks (no carbonation)
Water
Sugar-free Popsicles
Sugar-free Waterice
up to 48oz. of fluid/day

Vitamins

1 Chewable Multivitamin
1500 mg. of chewable calcium
50 mg. of Iron

Doesn't it sound YUMMY!?!?  :)  I'm psyching myself up for it now.  After I've suceeded at living on clear fluids for a week, I move on to...  MORE fluids!  I'll post my 2nd week post-op diet after surgery. 

Tomorrow I will learn what time surgery is scheduled.  I'll post more once that information is available to me.  Until then...

God bless and keep you all,
Love,
Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment