Wednesday, April 13, 2011

One Week Post-Op

HEY!!! I'm back, lol. Today was my one-week checkup post-op.  Dr. Dalall said I am a bit dehydrated, and suggested drinking even more water.  He also took all of the dressings off of my incisions and told me that they look great.  I scheduled an appointment in 3 weeks for my first fill.

I also got clearance to begin my Phase II diet.  That diet includes the following items:

Nonfat Milk
Plain or Blended Yogurt
Blended Soup/Cream Soup
Sugar Free pudding
Fat Free Cottage Cheese
Oatmeal
Grits (KISS MY!)
Rice Cereal
2-3 Protein Shakes per day

Never in my life was I so excited to see a container of Chobani!  It was delicious!  

The doctor also told me that I should wait to travel by airplane.  This is really disappointing to me because one of my best friends is getting married in May.  I had planned to be there, but my six-weeks post-op fly date doesn't make the cut.  I considered flying anyway, but I know that it would be stupid to do so.  I am doing this for my health, so endangering my health first thing is kind of counter-productive.

Oh, the best part of today's trip to the doctor???  The weigh-in!  I weighed in at 305.6 pounds!!!  My first reaction was to ask if the scale was right.  I weighed myself at home just before we went, and I was 310.2.  The doctor told me that "this scale cost a lot of money and is calibrated every day.  Your scale is wrong."  YAY!  My scale is wrong!

Here is my most recent picture - 1 week post-op:

Total weight lost:  24.6 pounds from the start of my pre-op diet.  I am very happy with all of the progress, and I hope to continue on this path until I meet my goals.  More later!

May God bless and keep you,
Love,
Amy


No comments:

Post a Comment